This past Wednesday, I had the pleasure of presenting Wheatley’s proposed budget for the 2021-22 school year. We are fortunate to be able to continue to provide a broad offering of courses and programs for our students—even in the midst of this global pandemic. Our expectation is that the 2021-22 academic year will not contain the same strict COVID-19 protocols required this year, permitting us to offer some of the elective courses and support classes that needed to be reduced this year in order to bring every student back in September.
Of course, this budget only happens due to the ongoing support of our community, our Board of Education and our Superintendent of Schools.
Some of our initiatives for next year include:
Real World Learning
- Environmental center
- Integration of 12th Grade Research and Internship Program into the RWL Learning initiatives
Social and Emotional Learning
- Ongoing work with Responsive Classroom and Restorative Justice initiatives
Program Initiatives and Enhancements
- Redesign of Global 9 course
- Expansion of AP Seminar course
- Hiring of a World Language and ENL District Administrator
You can view the budget presentation through the following link: Wheatley Budget Presentation 2021-22