As parents of our incoming 8th Graders (the Class of 2026) were learning more about their child’s first year at Wheatley, parents of current Wheatley students were learning more about the many offerings, programs and opportunities in grades 9-12 through our Curriculum Presentations.
Through a series of Google Meetings, parents were able to attend sessions on the following specific topics:
- 10th Grade English Offerings (SWS/English 10/English 10H)
- College-level Course Offerings (AP courses, Dual Enrollment courses, AP Capstone, alternative diploma pathways)
- STEM Overview (including PLTW, Computer Science, Mathematics, Science and Research offerings)
Parents also had an opportunity to “drop in” on some of our department supervisors to learn about our Social Studies, English, STEM and Music and Art offerings. A huge “Thank You” to the department supervisors and teachers — Mr. O’Brien, Mrs. Pace, Mr. Kemnitzer, Dr. Teseo, Mr. Jensen, Mr. Collier, Mr. Clarke, Mrs. Gluck and Mrs. Mammolito, who helped make this night both informative and exciting.
You can download some of the information distributed through the following links:
- 9th Grade Parent Presentation English 2021 (SWS/English 10/English 10H) [Presented by Mr. Clarke and Mr. Collier]
- College-Level Course Offerings Jan2021 (AP courses, Dual Enrollment courses, AP Capstone, alternative diploma pathways) [Presented by Mrs. Gluck]
- STEM Curriculum Night Presentation 2021 (including PLTW, Computer Science, Mathematics and Science offerings) [Presented by Mrs. Pace, Dr. Teseo and Mr. Kemnitzer]
- Art and Music Offerings (Prepared by Mrs. Danielle Mammolito)