On Friday, 24 January, Wheatley held its annual Career Fair in order to expose our students to some of the possible careers available to them outside of Wheatley and college. With the support of our community, fifteen different professionals spent time at Wheatley sharing information about their careers, their backgrounds and the interests that led them to pursue their current career.
The Career Fair presenters were assigned an individual classroom for their presentations. All 11th and 12th graders were asked to select two different presenters to visit during the fair. Students were later asked to write a reflection on their career fair choices and the presentations.
The increased exposure to more career opportunities has been an ongoing district goal. A huge “Thank You” to the presenters. Thank you especially to Natalia McMillan and Dawn Muscarnera for their work organizing the event!
This year’s Career Fair Presenters included:
- Ms. Danielle Gruttadaurio – Forensic Artist / fine artist / secondary education
- Mr. Michael Baltzer – Commercial Airline Pilot
- Mr. Drew Hambly – Morgan Stanley Executive Director of Corporate Governance
- Ms. Renee O’Connell – Makeup artist
- Ms. Brenda Hardman – Athletic trainer
- Dr. Priti Jain – Medical doctor
- Mr. Joshua Gluck – FDNY paramedic
- Ms. Brooke Nuoffer – Manager of Style and Training, Practical Law (Thomson Reuters)
- Mr. Robert Jayne – Chief Production Officer (Nationwide Mortgage Bankers)
- Mr. Brad Behar – Civil Engineer / Intellectual Patent Attorney
- Mr. Todd Richman – Managing Director/ Financial Advisor (JP Morgan)
- Ms. Maris Blechner – Adoption speaker / Social worker
- Petty Officer Maloney, Chief Waligur, Officer Magri, Officer Wenzel – Naval Officers (Engineering)
- Mr. John Magloire – CEO Staffing Agency (Access Staffing)
- Mr. Josh Lafazan – Nassau County Legislator
- Mr. Myles Blechner – Senior director, regulatory consultant (Foresid Financial Group, LLC)
Thank you to Mrs. McMillan for the photos!