Across our planet, Earth Day took place this past Monday, April 22nd. As we were on vacation during that week, we celebrated the day on April 16th and 17th with a series of activities and information booths intended to educate and inform our students on issues related to Earth Day.
Some of the activities included:
- Assemblies with guest lecturers on food choices, water conservation, and careers in conservation
- Demonstration of a hive of bees
- Interactions with a 10-foot boa constrictor and other animals
- Fresh squeezed lemonade
- Demonstration of how coffee grids can be recycled
- Stainless steel water bottle sales
- Environmental T-shirt sales and plant sales
- Bike collection for the EAC’s Afribike donation program
- Sale of mulch from the Wheatley Woods
- Lots of music and tasty treats!
As you can see from the photos, Wheatley’s Earth Fest was a lot of fun for all! A huge “thank you” to Steve Finkelstein and our EAC students for all of the work they did to prepare for the activities.
Our friends at Island Photography were at our Earth Fest and shared the following photos: