On Friday, 25 January, Wheatley held its annual Career Fair in order to expose our students to some of the possible careers available to them outside of Wheatley and college. With the support of our community, twenty different professionals spent time at Wheatley sharing information about their careers, their backgrounds and the interests that led them to pursue their current career.
The Career Fair presenters were assigned an individual classroom for their presentations. All 11th and 12th graders were asked to select two different presenters to visit during the fair. Students were later asked to write a reflection on their career fair choices and the presentations.
The increased exposure to more career opportunities has been an ongoing district goal. A huge “Thank You” to the presenters. Thank you especially to Natalia McMillan for her work organizing the event!
This year’s Career Fair Presenters included:
- Danielle Gruttadaurio – Forensic artist
- Ruth Kohlmeier – Medical examiner (Suffolk County)
- Drew Hambly – Finance (Morgan Stanley)
- Jacqueline Tobin – Magazine Editor-in-chief
- Jerry Kelly – Director of Business Development (medical)
- Michael Stein – English teacher (Herricks)
- Brad Behar – Intellectual patent attorney/civil engineer
- Rick Wilson – Theatre director, actor, musician and educator (Wheatley teacher)
- Joshua Gluck – FDNY paramedic
- Dr. Justine Golden – Psychologist
- Sean Christensen – Retired US Marine Captain/Program Director (non-profit org.)
- Samantha Holze – Director of Marketing and Ecommerce
- James LoBello – Director of Security of The Americas Lufthansa Cargo (Homeland Security)
- Corey Moran – FDNY firefighter
- Daniel Krittman – Computer science (artificial intelligence)
- Amanda K. Dhennin, (MLS) ASCP – Medical laboratory scientist
- Josh Kotin – Account Executive, NYC Football Club (Wheatley Graduate)
- Marissa Lando – Broadcast producer (Wheatley Graduate)
- Michal LaCasse – Physical therapist
- Petty Officer Maloney – U.S. Naval Officer