Across our planet, Earth Day took place this past Sunday, April 22nd. At Wheatley, we celebrated the day on the 19th and 20th with a series of activities and information booths intended to educate and inform our students on issues related to Earth Day.
Some of the activities included:
- Assemblies with guest lecturers on food choices, water conservation, and careers in conservation
- Interactions with a 10-foot boa constrictor and other animals
- Fresh squeezed lemonade
- Demonstration of how coffee grids can be recycled
- Stainless steel water bottle sales
- Environmental T-shirt sales and plant sales
- Bike collection for the EAC’s Afribike donation program
- Lot’s of music and tasty treats!
As you can see from the photos, Wheatley’s Earth Fest was a lot of fun for all! A huge “thank you” to Steve Finkelstein and our EAC students for all of the work they did to prepare for the activities.