On Thursday, 15 March 2018, 12 students attended the Long Island Science and Engineering Fair (LISEF) held at Crest Hollow Country Club. The students participating in the second round of the International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) division were:
- Emily Wang – 2nd Place in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Vedant Singh – Honorable Mention in Biomedical Engineering
- Rebecca Sparacio – Honorable Mention in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Hitangee Jain – Honorable Mention in Earth and Environmental Sciences
- John Li – Honorable Mention in Engineering Mechanics
Emily Wang also received a special award from the Stockholm International Water Institute. This recognition allows her to enter her project into the US division fair where she has the opportunity to represent the US at the international level.
Wheatley also had a number of students competing in the Junior Varsity Division of LISEF. These students included:
- Viraj Jayam – 2nd place in Mathematics and Computers
- Manan Shukla – Honorable Mention in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Victor Li – Honorable Mention Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Karen Li – Honorable Mention in Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Emily Yagoda – Engineering and Physical Science
- Brooke Schwartz – Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Kenton Wu – Cellular and Molecular Biology
It should be noted this was the first time the Wheatley School had students compete in the mathematics and computer division of LISEF.
We are proud of all of the students who participated in this prestigious competition. Those recognized as honorable mention and above represent the top 10% of their category. Achieving at this level is an extraordinary achievement.
Thank you to Alexis Blondrage Pace (our Science Department Chair and Research Coordinator) for working with our students. Thanks to Robert Teseo for the group photo!