On Friday, 27 January, Wheatley held its second annual Career Fair. As part of the district’s goal to expose our students to some of the possible careers available to them outside of Wheatley and college, the Career Fair brought in a wide range of professionals to speak to our students. With the support of our community, nineteen different professionals spent time at Wheatley sharing information about their careers, their backgrounds and the interests that led them to pursue their current career.
The Career Fair presenters were assigned an individual classroom for their presentations. All 11th and 12th graders selected two different presenters to visit during the fair. The event proved to be quite informative for the students, and the presenters appreciated the interested demonstrated by our students!
The increased exposure to more career opportunities has been a district goal. The Career Fair was coordinated by Natalia McMillan!
Career Fair 2017 Presenters
- Michael Baltzer – Airline Pilot
- John Becker – homicide detective
- Brad Behar – Intellectual patent attorney and engineer
- Susan Browning – Healthcare Administration – Executive Director of a hospital Northwell Health
- Donna Chisholm – Physical therapist (Sports)
- Adam DiBella and Chris Cooper – Co-owners of AMP Training (personal training)
- Courtney Donovan – Nurse
- Justine Golden – Clinical psychologist
- Judge Ellen Greenberg – Court Judge
- Danielle Gruttadaurio – FORENSIC ARTIST fine art / secondary education
- Drew Hambly – Morgan Stanley Executive Director of Corporate Governance
- Dr. Priti Jain – General practitioner
- Jerry Kelly – Pharmaceutical sales
- Meg Newhouse – Senior VP and general merchandise manager for Ross Stores
- Jaimie Roberts – Entertainment lawyer
- Dr. Ron Rosen – Veterinarian
- Marc Schwartz – Media Relations Manager and Radio Broadcaster (Somerset Patriots Baseball)
- Jacqueline Tobin – Editor-in-Chief (Rangefinder Magazine)
- Grant Wu – (Wall Street) President & Chief Executive Officer Ivy Securities, Inc.