On January 9th, Wheatley DECA members traveled to Freeport High School to compete in the Distributive Educational Clubs of America (DECA) Regional Competition. Our students competed against other Nassau County DECA members in various business related events. Out of the 27 Wheatley students who attended, 7 students qualified to go to the DECA New York State Competition.
The following Wheatley students qualified for States by competing successfully in the following events:
- Manan Shukla (10th Grade) qualified in the Human Resources Management division
- Andrew Hirsch (10th Grade) qualified in the Business Financial Services division
- Tony Deluxe (10th Grade) qualified in the Business Services Marketing division
- Evan Hirsch (12th Grade) and Jacob Klee (12th Grade) qualified in the Sports Marketing division
- Carly Brensilber (12th Grade) and Charlie Kaminsky (11th Grade) qualified in the Marketing Management division
These students will be traveling to Rochester, NY from March 8-10th to compete against DECA members from all over New York State!
Congratulations to all of our DECA students for a wonderful competition, and thanks to Mrs. Malik (the DECA Advisor) for the overview of the competition and the photos below!