On Thursday, 28 January, Wheatley held a Career Fair in order to expose our students to some of the possible careers available to them outside of Wheatley and college. With the support of our community, nineteen different professionals spent time at Wheatley sharing information about their careers, their backgrounds and the interests that led them to pursue their current career.
The Career Fair presenters were assigned an individual classroom for their presentations. All 11th and 12th graders were asked to select two different presenters to visit during the fair. Although it was early in the morning, there was a palpable sense of excitement and energy as students learned about the various options.
The increased exposure to more career opportunities has been a district goal. The Career Fair was organized by Natalia McMillan, with the support of Dawn Muscarnera and Greg Wasserman.
The Career Fair Presenters included:
- Jacqueline Tobin – EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Rangefinder Magazine
- Donna Kesselman – PHARMICIST, Clinical Professor at St. John’s University
- Meg Newhouse – Senior VP and general merchandise manager Ross Stores
- Danielle Gruttadaurio – FORENSIC ARTIST fine art / secondary education
- Mike Salvietti – PERSONAL TRAINER Entrepreneur
- Shari Senzer – SPECIAL EDUCATION PPS, ESL
- Tulio Serrata – HOMICIDE DETECTIVE
- Gregory M. Singer – SOCIAL WORKER SBL, SDL
- Sara Dunn – CORPORATE LAWYER
- Michael Baltzer – AIRLINE PILOT
- Deborah Sepe-Fitzko – PROFESSIONAL MUSICIAN Cellist
- Keith Senzer – EMPOWERMENT COACH Motivational Speaker
- Jaimie Roberts – ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER
- Beth Kim – ART THERAPIST
- Courtney Donovan – NURSE
- Dr. Andrew Goldbaum – MEDICAL Ophthalmologist
- Kerry Spillmann – EVIDENCE SPECIALIST Suffolk County Police Department
- Drew Hambly – MORGAN STANLEY Executive Director of Corporate Governance
- Donna Chisholm – PHYSICAL THERAPIST Sports