Across Long Island, the 1950s were a time of tremendous change and growth. The movement of families from the City to Long Island required communities to plan and build schools for their children. After years of sending high-school age children to the schools in neighboring communities, the residents of East Williston Union Free School District #2 agreed, in 1954, to the purchase of land to house a new school. Construction on the school began in 1955 and continued through 1956. Below are some photos of the ongoing construction.