An impressive collection of ten vocalist competed on Friday evening for the coveted title of Wheatley Idol. To a packed audience, the ten contestants performed in front of the three “celebrity” judges: Mr. Abdale, Ms. Hardy and Ms. Roberts.
The first round performances were as follows:
- Tessa Karikas: “The Climb” by Miley Cirus
- Melanie Esquilin: “At Last” by Etta James
- Ally Levy: “A Drop in the Ocean” by Ron Pope
- Morgan Misk: “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse
- Juliana Luber: “Reflection” by Alan Menken
- Nada Al-Okla: “Titanium” by David Guetta
- Ben Lee: “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5
- Lauren Levine: “Drops of Jupiter” by Train
- Michaela Balboni: “Safe and Sound” by Capital Cities
- Alex Boubour: “Love Song” by The Cure
Faced with a difficult decision, the judges selected Juliana, Lauren and Alex to advance in the competition. After another performance from each contestant, the audience would select the winner.
- Juliana Luber, Round 2
- Lauren Levine, Round 2
- Alex Boubour, Round 2
Finally, the audience spoke and Alex Boubour was declared the newest Wheatley Idol! Alex entertained the crowd with one final performance for the evening.
Thank you to Mrs. Luftig and our Tri-M Music Honor Society for putting on such a wonderful event to showcase the talents of so many Wheatley students!