On Tuesday, 26 August, we welcomed members of the Class of 2019 (and their parents) for our 8th Grade Orientation. Students were given a copy of their schedules and a special edition of our student newspaper (The Wildcat). With the wonderful assistance of our Wheatley Welcomers, students learned about many of our offerings and were led on a tour of our building. They then had the opportunity to follow their schedule through nine periods, meeting many of their teachers.
The topics discussed during each period include:
- Use of Agenda Books / Understanding the Schedule
- Academic Honesty
- Attendance and Unassigned Time
- Special Programs, Clubs and Activities
- Lunch Meeting with Dr. Feeney
- Sports and Theatre Productions
- Guidance / Psychologist / Nurse
- Study Skills Presentation by Mr. Wasserman
- Locker Assignments and Lock Distribution
The day ended with a pizza lunch for all students!
(Thanks to Lauren Silverstein for many of these photos!)